Are these good ideas?

Axy axy at declassed.art
Mon Nov 14 14:32:25 EST 2022

On 14/11/2022 17:14, Stephen Tucker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two related issues I'd like comments on.
>
> Issue 1 - Global Values

Your "global variables" module acts exactly as a singleton class. Funny,
you could (and maybe you do) write in your functions

import global_vars_module as self

as the first step of refactoring.

 From personal experience, when I worked at work we used modules for
globals as well, but over time such an approach looked more and more
ugly and finally was rejected.
> Issue 2 - Passed Parameters
>
> I am now facing another situation where I am wanting to pass 6 or 7
> parameters down through several layers of logic (function A calling
> function B calling ... ) and for results to be passed back.

Nothing fancy here, we used dicts for args and results.

Axy.