How to manage python shebang on mixed systems?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Nov 7 14:41:50 EST 2022

Schachner, Joseph (US) <Joseph.Schachner at teledyne.com> wrote:
> Maybe you can't do this, but I would suggest only running on the Python
> 3 systems. Refuse to jump through hoops for the Python 2 system. It is
> years out of date.

Exactly! That's why I (OP) have only one system where this is a
problem. The system is my hosting provider's cPanel platform which is
running a very old Linux and, as I've said has only python 2.

I can ask for python 3 on their system but I suspect that my voice is
a very tiny one and there are higher priority things to get done.

--
Chris Green
·