Tkinter: multicolumn table widget

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 31 14:47:06 EDT 2022

My web searches haven't helped me learn how to design a read-only scrollable
table widget displaying rows retrieved from postgres database tables. This
is for my business development application.

I'm writing a view module that displays my contact history with a named
person. The person's last and first name are passed to the database tables
and all the results are displayed in a read-only view.

The view has three vertical sections: person information on top, contact
methods (phones, email) below that, and a scrollable, multicolumn table
at the bottom.

The table columns consist of three tk.StringVal() and one tk.Text() which
usually has multiple rows related to that contact event.

I want to learn how to create the table so each row has the contents of each
of the four columns and I can scroll down and up to look at the history.

All help is certainly appreciated.

Rich