tail

Marco Sulla Marco.Sulla.Python at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:13:47 EDT 2022

On Fri, 13 May 2022 at 12:49, <2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com> wrote:

> On 2022-05-13 at 12:16:57 +0200,
> Marco Sulla <Marco.Sulla.Python at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 13 May 2022 at 00:31, Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > > This is nearly the worst "specification" I have ever seen.
>
> > You're lucky. I've seen much worse (or no one).
>
> At least with *no* documentation, the source code stands for itself.

So I did it well to not put one in the first time. I think that after
100 posts about tail, chunks etc it was clear what that stuff was
about and how to use it.

Speaking about more serious things, so far I've done a test with:

* a file that does not end with \n
* a file that ends with \n (after Stefan test)
* a file with more than 10 lines
* a file with less than 10 lines

It seemed to work. I've only to benchmark it. I suppose I have to test
with at least 1 GB file, a big lorem ipsum, and do an unequal
comparison with Linux tail. I'll do it when I have time, so Chris will
be no more angry with me.