usb tv stick and python

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 9 10:28:22 EDT 2022

On Mon, 9 May 2022 08:47:50 +0200, jak <nospam at please.ty> declaimed the
following:

>Hello everybody,
>I usually use vlc to watch tv and I use the w_scan program on linux to
>create a file (.m3u) with the list of available channels. Unfortunately
>I can't find an alternative to w_scan for Windows and I was wondering if
>you could tell me some python library that allows me, easily, to
>interface with the device and get the channel list.

	UNTESTED... But if it works means no change to your procedures...

	Presuming you are using W10 or later...

	Activate the Windows Subsystem for Linux ([old style] Control Panel /
Programs / Programs and Features... Turn Windows Features On or Off...
Scroll down, it's the third from the bottom)

	Windows "Microsoft Store"; Search "Debian"; Download/Install (set a
log-in account/password). (Unfortunately, it's not the most recent version
-- still on Buster...)

	Open Debian instance console (to my knowledge, no graphical
applications are supported); do normal stuff to bring apt up-to-date.

-=-=-
wulfraed at ElusiveUnicorn:~$ apt search w_scan
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
w-scan/oldstable 20170107-2 amd64
  Channel scanning tool for DVB and ATSC channels

wulfraed at ElusiveUnicorn:~$
-=-=-

	Install and test. Windows partitions are accessible as
/mnt/<driveletter>

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/