Fwd: Do projects exist to audit PyPI-hosted packages?

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri May 6 15:00:24 EDT 2022

On 5/6/22 09:24, Sam Ezeh wrote:
> [...]

FWIW, there's talk of mandating MFA or appropriately scoped tokens to
upload from a PyPi account to cut down on hijacking chances.  As I
understand it, a concern that has slowed this is that sometimes a
"release" involves a ton of actual package uploads and that could
involve considerable manual overhead if a 2FA sequence were required for
each one.  Meanwhile, individual projects can now require 2FA in order
for owners to do anything "administrative".

Probably others understand the current state of play better here....