Difference in Setup Between Windows 10 Running Python 3.9 and Windows 11 Running Python 3.10

Brent Hunter brent at brenthunter.tv
Sun May 1 21:56:01 EDT 2022

Hello,

I was recently running a Windows 10 machine Python 3.9.  I simply created a batch file titled "Start-AIG.bat" which simply contained the following: "pythonw AIG.py".  It started a python program titled "AIG.py" and the Python dialog box was displayed on my screen, running all day and night.  I set up Windows to run this batch file upon startup and it worked fine.  I remember having to do a bunch of research before I learned that I needed to put "pythonw AIG.py" in the batch file as opposed to "python AIG.py".

However, my old windows 10 desktop crashed and I have a new Windows 11 machine.  I installed the latest stable version of Python, which is 3.10.  Now, when I try to execute the same batch file, it doesn't launch the app.  It could be because I'm using Windows 11 or could be because I now have a newer version of Python.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should do to get the Python script running on my new machine?

Thank you!

Brent