new sorting algorithm

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun May 1 14:09:39 EDT 2022

On Mon, 2 May 2022 at 01:53, Nas Bayedil <nbayedil at gmail.com> wrote:
> We believe that using this method to develop completely new, fast
> algorithms, approaching the speed of the famous *QuickSort*, the speed of
> which cannot be surpassed, but its drawback can be circumvented, in the
> sense of stack overflow, on some data.

Hmm, actually TimSort *does* exceed the speed of quicksort for a lot
of real-world data. For instance, if you take a large sorted list,
append a handful of (unsorted) items to it, and then sort the list,
TimSort can take advantage of the fact that the bulk of the list is
sorted. It ends up significantly faster than re-sorting the entire
list.

How well does your new variant handle this case?

ChrisA