Suggestion for Linux Distro (from PSA: Linux vulnerability)

Marco Sulla Marco.Sulla.Python at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 13:03:21 EST 2022

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 at 06:38, Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's an attribute of your desktop environment, not the Linux distribution.
>
> EG: I'm using Debian with Cinnamon, which does support ctrl-alt-t.

Never used Cinnamon. It comes from Mint, right?

> Some folks say the desktop environment matters more than the distribution, when choosing what OS to install.

Yes, it's important. I switched from Ubuntu to Xubuntu (then Lubuntu)
when Ubuntu started using Unity. I liked GNOME 2 and KDE prior to
Plasma. They were simple, lightweight and effective. I found these
qualities in XFCE and LXDE.

Anyway I think I'll not install Debian, because it's LTS releases are
not long enough for me. I don't know if there's a distro based on
Debian that has a long LTS support, Ubuntu apart.