Suggestion for Linux Distro (from PSA: Linux vulnerability)

Marco Sulla Marco.Sulla.Python at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:42:24 EST 2022

On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 14:13, Jack Dangler <tdldev at gmail.com> wrote:
> or why not get a cloud desktop running whatever distro you want and you
> don't have to do anything

Three reasons: privacy, speed, price. Not in this order.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 15:20, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Very easy. I use Debian with Xfce, and it's an easy thing to add
> shortcuts - even dynamically

I used Xubuntu for a long time. I like Xfce.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 16:35, Loris Bennett <loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> The shortcuts are properties of the desktop environment.  You could just
> install LXDE/LXQt on Debian if that's what you're used to from Lubuntu.

I tried LXQt on my desktop. Very disappointed. The OS Update interface
is just an "alert". LXDE unluckily is no longer developed.

> Of course, if you're too old and lazy to set up a shortcut, you might
> also be too old and lazy to install a different desktop environment ;-)

Okay, I'm lazy for boring things :D

PS: Is it just my impression or is there a plebiscite for Debian?