Suggestion for Linux Distro (from PSA: Linux vulnerability)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:18:30 EST 2022

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 at 00:05, Marco Sulla <Marco.Sulla.Python at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 04:50, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 3/9/22 13:05, Marco Sulla wrote:
> > > So my laziness pays. I use only LTS distros, and I update only when
> > > there are security updates.
> > > PS: any suggestions for a new LTS distro? My Lubuntu is reaching its
> > > end-of-life. I prefer lightweight debian-like distros.
> >
> > Maybe Debian itself?
>
> I tried Debian on a VM, but I found it too much basical. A little
> example: it does not have the shortcut ctrl+alt+t to open a terminal
> that Ubuntu has. I'm quite sure it's simple to add, but I'm starting
> to be old and lazy...

Very easy. I use Debian with Xfce, and it's an easy thing to add
shortcuts - even dynamically (I have Alt+D to dictate notes, but only
while I'm playing Counter-Strike competitively).

Debian + Xfce is a combo that's served me very well for years now. I
didn't much like the latest Adwaita colour scheme, but a small tweak
later, it's fine again.

ChrisA