"CPython"

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 21 08:34:26 EDT 2022

On Tue, 21 Jun 2022 19:53:51 +1200, Greg Ewing
<greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> declaimed the following:

>Although if it were called RPython, no doubt a new debate would
>flare up over whether the "R" stands for "Rust" or "Reference"...

	Or does RPython refer to a Python integrated into the R statistics
system? <G>

	Actually -- RPython is already taken...
https://rpython.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

"""
RPython is a translation and support framework for producing
implementations of dynamic languages, emphasizing a clean separation
between language specification and implementation aspects.

By separating concerns in this way, our implementation of Python - and
other dynamic languages - is able to automatically generate a Just-in-Time
compiler for any dynamic language. It also allows a mix-and-match approach
to implementation decisions, including many that have historically been
outside of a user’s control, such as target platform, memory and threading
models, garbage collection strategies, and optimizations applied, including
whether or not to have a JIT in the first place.
"""

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/