"CPython"

Avi Gross avigross at verizon.net
Mon Jun 20 22:52:28 EDT 2022

This leads to the extremely important question of what would an implementation of Python, written completely in C++, be called?
C++Python
CPython++
C+Python+
DPython
SeaPython?
SeeSeaSiPython

I don't even want to think fo what sound a C# Python would make.
OK, my apologies to all. Being an interpreted language, it makes sense for a good part of the interpreter to include parts made in other languages and also add-on libraries in even older languages like FORTRAN.  Quite a few languages, including some like R, are also partially based on C in similar ways.