Tkinter - cannot import tklib

Wolfgang Grafen wolfgang.grafen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:43:26 EDT 2022

Hello all,

I am an experienced Python user and struggle with following statement:

>>> from tklib import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'tklib'

I tried to import tklib as shown above on following of my Python installations: Anaconda Python 3.8.3, Portable Python 3.9, Python 3.10.1, Python 2.7.10 with the same negative result.

I also tried to find help by googling - without success. Also I did not find a python module called tklib to install. Tkinter, ttk is working fine.

There are numerous examples using "from tklib import *" so I assume it works for most. In the tk-tutorial below tklib is used without special explanation, so I assume it should be installed by default with every python installation which has Tkinter integrated.

https://tk-tutorial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro/intro.html?highlight=app#

First time that I cannot help myself. Please help, what do I do wrong?

Greetings
Wolfgang