fill out bulletins

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 15 11:25:58 EDT 2022

On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 11:15:47 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> declaimed the following:

>On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 00:41:07 +0200, jak <nospam at please.ty> declaimed the
>following:

	<SNIP>

>>https://www.guardiacostiera.gov.it/venezia/Documents/Bollettino%20MOD.%20TD123.pdf

	<SNIP>

>	In either case -- they should be manageable spending some time laying
>out the "form" in any decent word processor, and developing the suitable
>mail-merge definitions and database. Or even a decent report-writer with a
>relational database.

	Note: if it is the "individual/one-letter-per-box" areas that are
making it seem so difficult for mail-merge... Don't do it that way!

	Use one mail-merge field for the entire data item, use a monospace
(fixed width) font (Courier, Lucida Console, etc.), and adjust the
character spacing using the word-processor formatting operation (in Word
this is under the Font pop-up dialog, "advanced" tab). Set it to "expanded"
spacing and adjust the amount of expansion until your chosen font is spaced
properly to appear as one character per form box.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-the-spaces-between-text-e9b96011-1c42-45c0-ad8f-e8a6e4a33462

(On LibreOffice Writer, it is under Format/Character..., Position tab on
the dialog. At least, it is on the version I have on Debian in VirtualBox.)

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/