fill out bulletins

Michael F. Stemper michael.stemper at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:11:08 EDT 2022

On 13/06/2022 08.49, jak wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I would like to write a tool to compile post office bulletins because
> here, unfortunately, they are still the most convenient way to interface
> the public administration. I don't want to create a UI to edit the
> bulletin, I will take the data from some file or database but I'd like
> to print or save the bulletin to the file with all the fields filled in.
> To accomplish this, I thought about creating a basic graphic (jpg?) file
> with the bulletin image,

Please don't create an image. Create something that preserves
text as text, so that your recipients can (if they so desire)
search on that text, or copy/paste from your bulletin.

Somebody suggested TeX/LaTeX. Excellent idea.

--
Michael F. Stemper
A preposition is something you should never end a sentence with.