Simple TCP proxy

Morten W. Petersen morphex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:32:31 EDT 2022

Hi Chris.

You're thinking of the backlog argument of listen?

Well, STP will accept all connections, but can limit how many of the
accepted connections that are active at any given time.

So when I bombed it with hundreds of almost simultaneous connections, all
of them were accepted, but only 25 were actively sending and receiving data
at any given time. First come, first served.

Regards,

Morten

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 8:00 PM Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 at 02:15, Morten W. Petersen <morphex at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'd like to share with you a recent project, which is a simple TCP proxy
> > that can stand in front of a TCP server of some sort, queueing requests
> and
> > then allowing n number of connections to pass through at a time:
>
> How's this different from what the networking subsystem already does?
> When you listen, you can set a queue length. Can you elaborate?
>
> ChrisA
> --

I am https://leavingnorway.info
Videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlogologue