Resolving Weekday Schedules to Dates

jkn jkn_gg at nicorp.f9.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 15:38:02 EDT 2022

On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 8:19:34 PM UTC+1, rambius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do you know of a library that resolves schedules like every Wednesday
> at 3:00pm to absolute time, that is return the datetime of the next
> occurrence?
>
> Regards
> rambius
>
> P.S.
>
> --
> Tangra Mega Rock: http://www.radiotangra.com

Not exactly, and it's not a library as such; but Andy Valencia's 'mypim'

    http://sources.vsta.org:7100/mypim/index

includes a calendar facility, so you can add repeating dates and
query 'what's coming up in the next 30 days' etc.
I haven't looked at this very closely, but it looks like a version of
this might scratch an itch of my own.

you might also look at 'rrule':

    https://dateutil.readthedocs.io/en/stable/rrule.html

and also look at iCalendar support in general.

I would be interested to learn if you come across anything to fit your
needs.

Regards, J^n