Pip upgrade causing issues in 3.10

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Wed Jul 20 02:01:00 EDT 2022

On 20/07/2022 4:43 am, David Raymond wrote:
> C:\Program Files\Python310\Scripts>..\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip
> ERROR: Could not install packages due to an OSError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'c:\\program files\\python310\\scripts\\'
There's your problem. The 'other' process is your cmd.exe within which
you are typing etc.

Python scripts dir should be on the path so you don't have to execute
anything from within it. Windows is obviously tripping over its own toes
trying to delete and install something in the same dir while you also
have your foot in it.

Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can
automatically decrypt my signature and be sure it came from me. Just
ask and I'll send it to you. Your email software can handle signing.