Problem upgrading pip and installing pygame

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Jan 31 13:08:13 EST 2022

On 1/31/22 07:18, ojomooluwatolami675 at gmail.com wrote:

> Good morning, Python. I am having trouble installing pygame. it keeps saying to upgrade my pip version which I have done several times. then when I tried importing python to see if it has worked, in the ide it says the module does not exist or something along that line. what do I do please? Thanks.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

When Python can't find modules it's *always* a path problem - the
install went somewhere on the system, but not to the places the Python
you are using is looking in.

One suggestion that usually helps is to use pip as a module, then it
will match exactly the Python used, because you're actually using that
Python.  So for example, if the way you invoke Python is through the
Windows Python launcher "py", then use this line:

py -m pip install --upgrade pip pygame

should put things in the right place.

adjust according to your situation, which we can't guess at.