Pandas or Numpy

Marco Sulla Marco.Sulla.Python at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:16:12 EST 2022

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 at 05:37, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>         Note that the comparison warns that /indexing/ in pandas can be slow.
> If your manipulation is always "apply operationX to columnY" it should be
> okay -- but "apply operationX to the nth row of columnY", and repeat for
> other rows, is going to be slow.

In my small way, I can confirm. In one of my previous works, we used
numpy and Pandas. Writing the code in Pandas is quick, but they just
realised that was really slow, and they tried to transform as much
Panda code to numpy code as possible.

Furthermore, I saw that they were so accustomed with Pandas that they
used it for all, even for a simple csv creation, when the csv builtin
module is enough.