mac app from a python script?

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sun Jan 23 21:28:43 EST 2022

On 23Jan2022 21:37, Barry Scott <barry at barrys-emacs.org> wrote:
>I do not have experience with great, but you might try pyinstaller.
>I use it to make a PyQt Mac app successfully.

And I have used py2app/py2applet to create a PyQt Mac app.

AIUI, they both do the same basic task: bundle a Python interpreter and
all the implied libraries from your script (i.e. including PyQt) into a
Mac App tree, with an executable in the right place to invoke your
module using the shipped interpreter.

So they make a Thing.app directory. A .dmg is just a disc image people
ship these things in, often merely containing the .app and a symlink or
alias to /Applications for the user to drag the app to.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>