What to write or search on github to get the code for what is written below:

Avi Gross avigross at verizon.net
Sat Jan 15 16:24:40 EST 2022

Mats,
Yes, this is a Python mailing list and I welcome people interested in doing something in Python who need a little help or advice but have some idea of what they are doing and present us with enough info more than "something does not work."

Yes, the topic was raised on a Python list but I did not get the impression the person asking necessarily knew a lot about Python or maybe other languages. I may well be wrong. They seem to have been handed something to work on and maybe are searching for some way to do it. You can do what was asked in plenty of languages, some easier and some harder. But some are better set to do things in a browser/server model than others.
One impression is they were suggested to use a web platform of sorts and from there went to Python as compatible for the server side. But the overall tone suggests to me that they want to be given a quick solution for a problem they do not really understand, let alone the tools they want to use. And I do not perceive much willingness to take the time to do much learning. My willingness to help and my time to do so, are limited and I said so. Others, feel free. The reality is many here want to be hired for large and complex jobs.
If someone had suggested to them to use JavaScript written inside a web page to read the file and do searches, and forgot to tell them that writing the file back onto some server might not be trivial, I wonder if they would have gone in another direction.
Again, these are my impressions and why I wondered if there was a GOOD reason they asked about Python. My experience in the past includes seeing posts by people who sent messages to multiple groups I was on for multiple languages and asked how to do something. They just were hoping someone would post complete code and they could then move on without learning anything. Maybe I am a tad jaundiced and prefer honest requests from people willing to listen to what feedback we provide and show some code for us to look at and perhaps help improve.