What to write or search on github to get the code for what is written below:

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 14 11:34:29 EST 2022

On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:08:19 +0000 (UTC), Avi Gross <avigross at verizon.net>
declaimed the following:

>So the suggestions to copy the data ONCE into something else (a CSV, database, whatever) that can be used externally are reasonable but seem to be resisted. I would guess some of the "missing" functionality others wonder about such as making reports, may still be available within other sheets or parts of the EXCEL .xlsx or other format file.

	Ignoring the data store itself, the OP has also stated (if poorly) that
this application is supposed to be hosted on Heroku (I suspect this is an
assumption they made, as that minimal "Hello World" Flask tutorial they are
using gives instructions for a limited free/hobbyist Heroku instance). If
this application is really for some client (the book repository staff) one
would think they'd have specified the web hosting system in advance.

	That (web hosting) compounds the problem of the lack of reporting...
The defined application is essentially "write-only" -- in that the only
operation available is to reserve/check-out book(s) based upon availability
count. There is no means provided by which these reservations are passed on
to whoever is responsible for physically handing out books, nor to track
who has received their copy. Are any/all "repository" employees supposed to
access the spreadsheet? How? Do they all have the account/password to the
Heroku (or other web hosting service) in order to FTP the data down for
local usage (how many such copies will there be, and how are they
synchronized).

	Or is the CONOPS that only the repository employees access the
application, on behalf of the person making the reservation/check-out
request -- and hence the application is merely recording information of who
has physically received a book (in which case the overhead of tracking
availability seems superfluous, as the staff would see that the table(s) of
books does not have the title, so it is unavailable for handing over).

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/