What to write or search on github to get the code for what is written below:

alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 9 05:55:47 EST 2022

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 23:04:20 -0800 (PST), NArshad wrote:

> On Friday, 7 January 2022 at 02:59:17 UTC+5, alister wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 10:55:30 -0800 (PST), NArshad wrote:
>>
>> > All this is going to be in python’s flask and HTML only
>> >
>> > 1. First, I have to check in the Excel sheet or table whether the
>> > book user has entered is present in the book bank or not.
>> >
>> Excel is the wrong application for storing this data - it should be in
>> a database
>> > 2. If a book is present and the quantity of the required book is
>> > greater than 0 (COPIES_LEFT column in excel file) and if the user
>> > wants the book, it will be assigned to the user which he will take
>> > from the book bank physically. When COPIES_LEFT will is less than or
>> > equal to 0 the message will be “Book finished or not present”.
>> Again Excel is not the correct application for processing this data
>> >
>> > 3. The quantity of the book in the Excel file will be reduced by 1 in
>> > the COPIES_LEFT column and the name of the borrower or user will be
>> > entered/added in the Excel file table or sheet already made and the
>> > column name is BORROWER’S NAME.
>> >
>> Database!
>> > 4. The borrower’s or user name can be more than one so they will be
>> > separated with a comma in the Excel file BORROWER’S NAME column.
>> >
>> Database
>> >
>> > - All functions mentioned above are to be deployed on the website
>> > pythonhow.com so make according to
>> > https://pythonhow.com/python-tutorial/flask/web-development-with-
python-
>> and-flask/
>> >
>> > - Do you know any other websites to deploy a python web application??
>> >
>> > - No time to switch from Excel to anywhere else. Please do not make
>> > any changes to the Excel file.
>> >
>> > - Tutorials and repositories of the web for such problems are also
>> > required. The same is required for python (flask, Django...) also.
>> Sorry did not spot that this was a homework assignment data should
>> still be imported into a DB (a trivial task) It can be exported back to
>> a compatible format just as easily if hard copy output is required
>>

>> --
>> "Rembrandt's first name was Beauregard, which is why he never used it."
>> -- Dave Barry
>

> As written no time to switch from excel to anywhere else but if a
> certain database is required to make changes in Excel’s cell values then
> which database to use (example Access or what) and after the right
> selection of the database, how to import data to a database and then
> export back to a compatible format that is to Excel cells….
>
> I mean how to do this written below:
>
> “data should still be imported into a DB (a trivial task) it can be
> exported back to a compatible format just as easily if hard copy output
> is required”
>
> The reason I have written:
>
> “What to write on GitHub or on google search to find the necessary code
> to start with? “
>
> I will also be requiring a code to start with just as most people do.
> [...]

1st save the data from excel as a csv file

you will find the csv module makes these much easier to deal with, even if
you do not import into a db (although even then I would import into sql-
lite just for the benefits of the search algorithms)

--
Sometime in 1993 NANCY SINATRA will lead a BLOODLESS COUP on GUAM!!