What to write or search on github to get the code for what is written below:

Avi Gross avigross at verizon.net
Fri Jan 7 16:12:53 EST 2022

This entire thread seems a bit IFFY to me.
It does seme like HW to me but also a bit peripheral.
The fact that the data is in EXCEL is a detail. And unless a spreadheet is complex, it may be trivial to save the file as a .CSV and from then on read from there into Python (or anything) and when done making modifications, save it out again. EXCEL can also be used to open such a CSV and look at it. And, of course, as has been pointed out, there are ways to save data into EXCEL or read directly from it.
But the overall programming ideas required, once the data are in memory, are another story, especially if some fields are in ormats like a comma separated text string. Searching these is not trivial while expanding the data so each such "person" is on their own may simplify things, albeit not make it so easy to save it out.
I do note that unless there is a guarantee that reads and updates to where the data is stored are guaranteed to not collide with other things, there lurks danger here.
So if the request is not made more clear and focused on what is needed in mostly native Python, and accompanied by some evidence the user has shown some code they hope will do most of the work and is just stuck somewhere, I, personally, feel no need to offer any guidance.