Who wrote Py_UNREACHABLE?

Marco Sulla Marco.Sulla.Python at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 11:17:23 EST 2022

#if defined(RANDALL_WAS_HERE)
#  define Py_UNREACHABLE() \
    Py_FatalError( \
        "If you're seeing this, the code is in what I thought was\n" \
        "an unreachable state.\n\n" \
        "I could give you advice for what to do, but honestly, why\n" \
        "should you trust me?  I clearly screwed this up.  I'm writing\n" \
        "a message that should never appear, yet I know it will\n" \
        "probably appear someday.\n\n" \
        "On a deep level, I know I'm not up to this task.\n" \
        "I'm so sorry.\n" \
        "https://xkcd.com/2200")
#elif defined(Py_DEBUG)
#  define Py_UNREACHABLE() \
    Py_FatalError( \
        "We've reached an unreachable state. Anything is possible.\n" \
        "The limits were in our heads all along. Follow your dreams.\n" \
        "https://xkcd.com/2200")

etc