using OpenGL on windows 11

Kirill Ratkin kvratkin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 13:41:48 EST 2022

Hi!

Your machine remembers but you probably use different virtual envs.

PyCharm, as I remember, creates its own venv (per project maybe).

It's better to remove python interpreter installed from MS application
market and download python installer from python.org.

Install it as user or system. If you install python as user the
interpreter files and standard libs will be in your profile
(%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\...)

Then add path to python.exe to system or user PATH environment variable
(using Windows GUI or thru CMD (command setx)).

(as I remember installer can do this task for you)

Now you have python interpreter installed and visible from command line
(btw it's better to install visual studio build tools as well).

Open CMD or PowerShell and try command 'python'. If it works - Ok.

Then create virtual environment somewhere (for example in your home
profile (%USERPROFILE%)): python -m venv venv

The directory C:\Users\<YourName>\venv appears.

 From CMD or PowerShell do: venv\Scripts\activate

You see command prompt changed and python virtual environment activated.

Now you can install any python stuff using pip. All new packages will be
in 'venv\Lib\site-packages' but not in standard Lib folder.

Start PyCharm, select recently created venv (unfortunately I can't help
you with menu path of python interpreter settings inside PyCharm because
don't use it now).

But as for me VS Code is better. Try it. :)

// BR (KR)