PYT - How can I subscribe to a topic in the mailing list?

Peter J. Holzer hjp-python at hjp.at
Sat Feb 26 07:16:10 EST 2022

On 2022-02-21 12:19:36 +0100, vanyp wrote:
> The option to filter by topic is offered in the mailing list subscription
> customization page, although no option list is given. Topics may have been a
> project that was never implemented.

Topics are a rarely used feature of the mailman mailing list software.
The administrator can configure topics and regular expression to
recognize them. Then mailman will scan each message it received to
assign one or more topics to it. As far as I know I have never been on a
mailinglist where the administrator had configured topics. It seems like
one of those features that seemed like a good idea to the developers but
aren't really used by anyone in practice.

        hp