Best way to check if there is internet?

Michael F. Stemper michael.stemper at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:48:32 EST 2022

On 25/02/2022 12.07, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:

> I have been following language feature proposals from various
> languages. Some decide to avoid Python's route,
> but others have been trying hard to catch up with Python.
> One gleaming example is the switch case. JS recently proposed pattern
> matching, referencing Python and explaining why the proposal
> is a cool treatment of the usecase.

I'm not clear on what you mean here. JavaScript has had a
switch/case construct since 1.2, in the late 1990s. As far
as I can determine, python has no such thing, since PEP-3103
was rejected in 2007.

> As a side note, if by scripting we mean OS commands,
> then Python started as a sysadmin language.

I never knew this. Where can I read more about this origin?

--
Michael F. Stemper
If it isn't running programs and it isn't fusing atoms, it's just bending space.