Best way to check if there is internet?

Benjamin Schollnick bschollnick at schollnick.net
Fri Feb 25 12:10:07 EST 2022

>>> Thanks for the in-between. I really like the Python comunity as,
>>> even though it's a 'scripting' language,
>
> And we like you, even though you're only a ...
>
> In English, a statement like that is considered rather insulting.
>
>> To me, it's a programming language. In my usage, a "script" is a
>> bunch of OS commands.
>
> Exactly. A script is a set of commands that you would have normally
> entered by hand at a command prompt. But, after having gone through
> the process a few times, you decided to shove them into a file to save
> on typing.
>
> Python is a programming language. Period.

Exactly.  In my opinion “It’s a scripting language”, is a devaluation of the language.
It’s an attempt to throw python in to a “trivial” classification.

Heck, the same argument can be made of Bash, PHP, Perl, and a few other languages as well.

How many “scripts” have been throw quickly together in Perl, or PHP?

Quite a damn few, yet, would anyone call Wordpress a “script”?

It’s effectively damning with faint praise.

		- Benjamin