Best way to check if there is internet?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 03:40:15 EST 2022

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 at 19:33, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer
<arj.python at gmail.com> wrote:

> As discussed here but, it would have been nevertheless great to have this
> tiny function instead of
> nothing

Here's a function that determines whether or not you have an internet
connection. It's almost as reliable as some of the other examples
given - I know this, because I tried it ten times, and it gave the
correct result every time!

def has_internet():
    return True

Tell me, is it useful to have something that doesn't always give the
right answer, even if it usually does? Is there any value whatsoever
in a lie?

ChrisA