Long running process - how to speed up?

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat Feb 19 14:42:36 EST 2022

On 2/19/22 05:09, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> Can it be divided into several processes?
> Regards,
> David

The answer is: "maybe".  Multiprocessing doesn't happen for free, you
have to figure out how to divide the task up, requiring thought and
effort. We can't guess to what extent the problem you have is amenable
to multiprocessing.

Google for "dataframe" and "multiprocessing" and you should get some
hits (in my somewhat limited experience in this area, people usually
load the csv data into Pandas before they get started working with it).