Long running process - how to speed up?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 07:03:23 EST 2022

On Sat, 19 Feb 2022 at 22:59, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net> wrote:

> > > I have a cvs file of 932956 row and have to have time.sleep in a Python
> > > script.  It takes a long time to process.
> > >
> > > How can I speed up the processing?  Can I do multi-processing?
> > >
> > Remove the time.sleep()?
>
> He's attesting to only having "time.sleep" in there...
>
> I doubt removing that will help much ;-)

I honestly don't understand the question, hence offering the
stupidly-obvious suggestion in the hope that it would result in a
better question. A million rows of CSV, on its own, isn't all that
much to process, so it must be the processing itself (of which we have
no information other than this reference to time.sleep) that takes all
the time.

ChrisA