ERROR IN DOWNLOADING PYTHON

Eryk Sun eryksun at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 09:06:11 EST 2022

On 2/15/22, 11_Anindita Das_BCA <aninditadas677 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have downloaded the latest 3.10.2 version of python for my 64×64 bit
> laptop but I'm unable to work on it as my system is showing that
> api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll is missing but it's not the case as i
> have also downloaded this file.

I guess that you're using Windows 7 since Windows 10+ includes the
Universal C Runtime (ucrt) as a required system component, for which
"api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll" is a virtual API set (mapped to
ucrtbase.dll), which can never be missing, and since Windows 8.1 is
relatively uncommon (2-3% of installations).

Python 3.10 requires Windows 8.1 and above. If you're using Windows 7,
you should be able to install and use Python 3.8.10:

https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.8.10/python-3.8.10-amd64.exe

If you need to install ucrt, here's the link for the update that was
released in 2016:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3118401