PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'Abc.xlsx'

Peter J. Holzer hjp-python at hjp.at
Fri Feb 11 14:37:57 EST 2022

On 2022-02-11 08:11:32 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Excel doesn't have the sophistication to need or want anything more
> than simple "I have this file, nobody else touch it" exclusive
> locking.

Interestingly, Excel did have the ability for multiple users editing the
same file at some time (maybe early 2000s? Way before Google docs or
Office 365). It had to be explicitely enabled and it didn't work very
reliably (at least not with Samba as file servers), so we never really
used it but it is clear that somebody at MS thought that users needed or
at least wanted that ability.

        hp