Best way to check if there is internet?

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Mon Feb 7 17:30:05 EST 2022

On 2022-02-08 at 06:51:20 +1100,
Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> Either way, though: would a person on Mars "have the internet"? Yes,
> but not the internet as we know it...

By current definition, they *can't* have the internet as we know it.

Wikipedia,¹ Mirrian-Webster,² and TechTerms.com³ (the first three that
came up in my search engine, which is admittedly Earthbound for now) all
use words like "global" and phrases like "across the world" or "around
the world," all of which arguably exclude Mars, or at least a network
that covers both Earth and Mars.

IMO, Mars and its current and future living beings are better off
without the World Wide Web, too.

¹ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet
² https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Internet
³ https://techterms.com/definition/internet