Openning Python program

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:52:19 EST 2022

On 2022-02-06, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2022 13:44:07 +0530, "createkmontalbion at gmail.com"
><createkmontalbion at gmail.com> declaimed the following:
>
>>   I cannot open python after downloading it keeps going to modify/uninstall
>>   ?? please help
>
> Stop clicking on the INSTALLER. What you downloaded is just the program
> that installs and configures Python on your system. Stuff it away someplace
> safe should you need to modify the current installation, but otherwise just
> forget that it exists.

This is _still_ a problem after all these years and countless
identical complaints?

How difficult would it be to add a few lines of text to the installer
welcome screen explaining that you've just started the Python
INSTALLER, and if you've already done the installation and want to
"run Python" try <whatever>?

--
Grant