Pypy with Cython

Albert-Jan Roskam sjeik_appie at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 10:32:58 EST 2022

   Hi,
   I inherited a fairly large codebase that I need to port to Python 3. Since
   the program was running quite slow I am also running the unittests against
   pypy3.8. It's a long running program that does lots of pairwise
   comparisons of string values in two files. Some parts of the program (e.g
   a modulo 11 digit check) are implemented in Cython. Should I use pure
   Python instead when using Pypy? I compiled the Cython modules for pypy and
   they work, but I'm afraid they might just slow things down.
   Thanks!
   Albert-Jan