Pyserial problem

Patrick EGLOFF pegloff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 06:01:44 EST 2022

Hi all,

I use Python 3.10.9 and Pyserial 3.5 on a Win10 machine.

I'm sending datas via an USB port to a device that accept commands in the
form of  : cmd;
The device receives and reacts to the commands sent, and it should reply
with an ACK of the same kind.

But looking with a COM port sniffer, nothing is sent back.

I checked that everything is working with PUTTY and even MINITERM, and
everything is just fine, the device is responding correctly.

I have set the flow control to different values, as well as setting the RTS
and DTR high or low with no change.
Normally, the device works without any flow control, and CTS + DTR high.

I checked with MINITERM, that the flow control and control lines have the
same state.

I'm a bit surprised and stucked.
Can someone help ?
Thanks,