Fwd: Installation hell

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 14:25:31 EST 2022

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 at 06:10, Mats Wichmann <mats at wichmann.us> wrote:
> Why? Python is a command-line tool to process a language, Similar to
> many other languages - Go, for example.  Or a C/C++ compiler.  *Or* you
> can choose to use someone's wrapping of that process inside an
> Integrated Development Environment. There are tons that support Python
> and let you run your code from within the editor environment without
> having to go open a cmd.exe or powershell box. Most of those are
> external, but the comes-with-Python IDLE works well, too.

I wouldn't bother responding to these sorts of people. They have
already decided that it's impossible to find any sort of decent IDE
for Python (despite pretty much every editor out there having Python
support), are deathly afraid of command lines, and yet feel the need
to join a mailing list to tell us all that. You won't convince them of
anything.

ChrisA