pip/setuptools: Entry points not visible from pkexec-root-environment

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at posteo.jp
Sun Dec 18 10:38:57 EST 2022

Hello,

when I install a package on a GNU/Linux system via "sudo python3 -m pip
install -e ." that defines entry points in its pyproject.toml the entry
point starter scripts are located in /usr/locale/bin.

That folder is in PATH for "regular" root users and by "sudo su" roots
users.

But I need to start that entry points via "pkexec".
But in the environment started by "pkexec" the PATH does not contain
/usr/local/bin.

So what can I do?

I don't need a hack or workaround but an "elegant" solution.