Panoptisch - A way to understand your project's dependencies and find malicious packages

Axy axy at declassed.art
Thu Dec 8 22:49:58 EST 2022

On 08/12/2022 17:52, Aarnav Mahavir Bos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to share Panoptisch, a FOSS(Free and Open Source Software)
> tool I've been working on.

Hi there,

I added your project to my watch list, keep on your work.

A couple of points:

First, I glanced at the code and in the very first file I opened,
https://github.com/R9295/panoptisch/blob/master/panoptisch/__init__.py,
I see main(). I usually place such a code in __main__.py

Second, in addition to AST analysis it would be nice to implement a
sandbox with import hooks.

Axy.