Download Python 3.10.6 for windows

George Rwaga g.rwaga at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:09:21 EDT 2022

I last installed an updated version of python more than  a year back. I am
trying to download (from  https://www.python.org/downloads/ ) and install
Python 3.10.6 for Windows - but I keep running into problems.

1. I installed Python 3.10.6 in the default directory
C:\Users\xxxxx.xxxxx\AppData\local\programs\Python\Python310
After the installation, there was no shortcut on my desktop. I thought I
would just go to Python310 and create a shortcut. But I am unable to find
AppData.
2. I then decided to install Python3.10.6 in a customized directory
C:\program files\Python\Python310
I am being asked to verify access to this directly. I went to properties,
made what I thought were the relevant changes. But I keep getting asked to
verify access.

My R and RStudio are installed in C:\program files.

How should I proceed?

George