python 3.10 vs breakage

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Aug 26 17:36:39 EDT 2022

On 8/26/22 16:54, Paul Bryan wrote:
> Why can't you build linuxcnc with it? Why has Octoprint quit talking to
> 3d printers? Why won't pronterface buy it? Why can't you find a 4.0.7
> version of wxPython? Why is it sitting there staring at you? What is
> bookworm? What is bullseye?

Bullseye is the current debian-11, buster is last years, bookworm is next.

Linuxcnc builds just fine on armhf buster, with its python-3.9.4. fails
from 3.10 in bullseye. Pronterface.py can't find wxPython 4.0 or
greater, with 4.0.7 installed. Octoprint did work, but has now stopped.
So my 3d printing has become a sneakernet exercise again. Adding 3 to 5
more steps between OpenCSAD and the printer that will make my designs.
The error code file from this mornings attempt to run pronterface.py is at

<http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/armhf>

Is there a workaround?

Thank you.
> On Fri, 2022-08-26 at 16:37 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
>> Greetings all;
>>
>> Its now become obvious that 3.10 has broken some things. I can't
>> build
>> linuxcnc with it. And
>> Octoprint has quit talking to 3d printers, now pronterface won't buy
>> it,
>> can't find a 4.0.7
>> version of wxPython with it sitting there staring at us.
>>
>> Whats chances of a fixed version for bookworm? Or even a bugs fixed
>> release for bullseye?
>>
>> Thanks all.
>>
>> Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>> --
>> "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
>>    soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
>> -Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
>> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
>> respectable.
>>    - Louis D. Brandeis
>> Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/>

Cheers, Gene Heskett.