ImportError: No module named spambayes.resources (line 12 of setup_all.py)

Erik M. Brown kirebrow at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 15:54:33 EDT 2022

Is anyone here familiar with SpamBayes?  I am working with legacy 2.4.x
Python code (I'm not a programmer, more of a power user) and I'm attempting
to build the windows binary from the SpamBayes source.

I'm running into an error when attempting to run "setup_all.py", the py2exe
setup script, and I get the following:

"ImportError: No module named spambayes.resources (line 12 of setup_all.py)"

I'm able to run Spambayes from these source files in Outlook and have the
correct python version, pywin32, as well as py2exe (2.4.x).

Any idea on how to resolve this module import error?  I can provide files
and/or more details as well.

Thank you all for the help!

Take care,

Erik Brown