Problem using cx_Freeze

David at Booomer david at boomer.org
Wed Aug 17 14:09:14 EDT 2022

Hi Dennis

Thank you for your reply. I’m am trying to get LaTex-to-Speech (https://github.com/SGanesh19/LaTeX-to-Speech) to run as an accessibility aid, converting equations into speech. I haven’t used cx_Freeze before so stumbling somewhat.

The error returned is

  File "/Users/duser/Documents/Win_ShareFolder/LaTeX-to-Speech-master/setup.py", line 9, in <module>
    Executable(
TypeError: __init__() takes from 2 to 12 positional arguments but 14 were given

The setup.py file is currently

import cx_Freeze
# from cx_Freeze import *
from cx_Freeze import setup, Executable

setup(
    name="Latex2Speech",
    options = {'build_exe':{'packages':['gtts','pyglet','PyQt4']}},
    executables=[
        Executable(
            "prjui.py","Maiui.py","about.py","dict.py","geometry.py","getEquation.py",
            "gtrail.py","main.py","matchingstring.py","producelatex.py","readfile.py",
            "separete.py","speak.py",
        )
    ]
)

I am/was worried about the trailing ‘,' after ',"speak.py”,’ <- but deleting it or moving it after the ] didn’t help. Adding base = None also didn’t help.

Searching for ‘__init__(' in the 13 *.py files returned five lines in two files (algorithm.py and prjui.py). As mentioned searching for this error only produced mention of adding self which is in these lines already. Previously I had search for __init__() which returned no lines due to the closing ).

I had visited the page you provided (https://cx-freeze.readthedocs.io/en/latest/setup_script.html#cx-freeze-executable) but didn’t noticed the 11 plus self as 12 arguments.

Thanks again for any suggestions.

David