Problem using cx_Freeze

David at Booomer david at boomer.org
Mon Aug 15 20:00:48 EDT 2022

Hi Jim

Thanks for your suggestions.

I changed

from cx_Freeze import *

from cx_Freeze import setup, Executable

And no longer get the BdistDMG error

—
I had found the page
https://cx-freeze.readthedocs.io/en/latest/setup_script.html
But hadn’t tried the setup, Executable option in the from statement
—

However I now get an error

init() takes from 2 to 12 positional arguments but 14 were given

I found a couple instances of init in two .py files that were part of the whole.

One .py file
def __init__(self):

Another .py file
class Aboutwindow(QtGui.QMainWindow, Ui_Aboutwindow):
    def __init__(self,parent=None):
        QtGui.QMainWindow.__init__(self,parent)
—
class Main(QtGui.QMainWindow):

    def __init__(self):
        QtGui.QMainWindow.__init__(self)

When searching for this error the answers found suggested including self in the init parameter list but the code already has self.

Thanks, David