Receive a signal when waking or suspending?

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Sat Apr 23 17:44:27 EDT 2022

On 24/04/2022 07.36, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> It's not clear there is a straightforward way to catch a signal or get
> an event notification when my computer (Dell running XUbuntu 20.04) is
> about to sleep or when it's just awakened. The app uses tkinter. Is
> there some more-or-less easy way to do this? Mac support would be nice
> (I have my eye on a new MacBook one of these days). I suppose bonus
> points for something which works on Windows, but that's not a platform
> I actually care about.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=python+up+time pointed-out the
"uptime — Cross-platform uptime library"
- TLDR; I'm not sure if "uptime" and "boot" relate only to a
'cold-start' or if they include bringing the machine out of 'stand-by'
or 'hibernation'

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=python+battery+status pointed-out
several ideas which require MS-Windows, but apparently the psutil
library could be bent to your will:
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/python-script-to-shows-laptop-battery-percentage/

Please let us know how you get on...
--