Enums and nested classes

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Thu Apr 21 22:19:36 EDT 2022

On 4/21/22 15:00, Greg Ewing wrote:
> On 20/04/22 10:57 pm, Sam Ezeh wrote:
>> Has anyone here used or attempted to use a nested class inside an enum?
>>
>> If so, how did you find it? (what did you expect to happen and did
>> your expectations align with resulting behaviour etc.)
>
> That's a pretty open-ended question. Is there something about
> its current behaviour that you think should be different?

Indeed -- the point of the question is to (hopefully) find out what folks have already tried, and whether they found the
current behavior surprising.  We're looking for what happened in practice, not for what should happen in theory.  ;-)

And of course, no one using enums that way means we can change how that bit works fairly easily.

--
~Ethan~